Big Game Fishing
Take a trip of a lifetime and from novice to expert experience the thrill of the rod and reel!
Madeira island is considered one of the best, if not the best destination for big game fishing, because of its clear blue sea waters with sub-tropical temperatures, ranging from 18º to 20º, all year round.
The Pearl of the Atlantic is ideally located on the migratory routes for large game fishing. This natural phenomenon puts Madeira on the map of the world fishing championships.
The target fishes are mainly the Blue marlin, White marlin, Big Eye tuna, Albacore, Spearfish, Dorado, Wahoo and other species resident throughout the year. The giant Blue Marlin is the one every angler dreams of and Madeira has become world known for the size and quality of its Blue Marlin. Despite its grandeur and the average weight of around 320 kg, the Blue Marlin is commonly found relatively close to the coast.
The big game fishing is an activity that happens in Madeira all year round, especially from May to October.
Newcomers will Receive an introductory information on how to rod and reel!
Please note: we operate Tag and Release policy.
Duration full day trip: 7 hours
Duration half day trip: 4 hours
- Experienced and professional crew
- Fully equipped boat for all sports fishing requirements
- All tackle and bait
- Sandwiches, fruit and drinks (including beer)
- Transportation from or to the hotel
- Sun cream
- Light jacket
- Trips may be changed or cancelled due to bad weather conditions (refund guaranteed).
- In the event of cancellation, the trip may be scheduled for another day.
- Cancellations within 24 hours of the start of the trip will not be refunded.
- Clients who do not show up will be charged the full price.
- Insurances as required by Portuguese law.
- Payment can be done by bank transfer, Credit Card and Paypal. Bookings paid for by PayPal, American Express, credit card or a Mastercard Prepaid card will incur a extra fee of 3.50% of the total transaction value. No credit card fee applies when paying with a debit card or bank transfer.