Nau Santa Maria de Colombo
Every Day (10h30 to 13h30 and 15h00 to 18h00)
Sailing on the pirate ship, the Santa Maria, we will take you back to the 15th century. The Santa Maria is the copy of Cristopher Columbus flag ship. It was built in Câmara de Lobos in 1998.
During this journey you will enjoy beautiful sceneries over the south coast of the island and the beautiful crystal clear waters. Possibility to observe dolphins, whales, turtles and some birds, as well as dive near the cliff of Cabo Girão, the highest sea cliff in Europe and the second highest of the world, with 580m.
On this trip you will also have the opportunity to enjoy the famous Madeira wine and taste the typical Madeira honey cake. The return shall be made passing by Câmara de Lobos, a very important fishing centre of the island.
Bar service available on board.
Snorkelling equipment available without any costs.
Duration: ± 3 hours
- Madeira wine tasting
- Honey cake tasting
- Transportation from or to the hotel
- Trips may be changed or cancelled due to bad weather conditions (refund guaranteed).
- In the event of cancellation, the trip may be scheduled for another day.
- Cancellations within 24 hours of the start of the excursion will not be refunded.
- Clients who do not show up will be charged the full price.
- Insurances as required by Portuguese law.
- Payment can be done by bank transfer, Credit Card and Paypal. Bookings paid for by PayPal, American Express, credit card or a Mastercard Prepaid card will incur a extra fee of 3.50% of the total transaction value. No credit card fee applies when paying with a debit card or bank transfer.