Charms of the East – Santana Tour (Full Day)
This tour will be dominated by the grandeur of our mountains, valleys and majestic streams that descend the slopes.
After breakfast, we head up towards Pico do Areeiro, the highest mountain accessible by car and the third highest of the island (1818m). From here the views are stunning over the mountains and the interior of Madeira. After a break, we descend toward Ribeiro Frio, located in the middle of the Laurel forest, World Heritage of UNESCO, where fauna and flora live side by side in perfect harmony. Continuing along the north coast, we will pass through Faial and reach Santana town, famous for the ancient and original thatched roof houses. Here we will make our stop for lunch (optional). At Ponta de São Lourenço, the most eastern point of the island, several rocky formations and stunning views can be admired. The final stop from this tour is in Machico, a historic city, where the discovers landed for the first time in 1419. Arrival at the hotel about 17:00.
Duration: ± 8 hours
- Pick up and drop off at the hotel
- Lunch (optional)
- Trips may be changed or cancelled due to bad weather conditions (refund guaranteed).
- In the event of cancellation, the trip may be scheduled for another day.
- Cancellations within 24 hours of the start of the excursion will not be refunded.
- Clients who do not show up will be charged the full price.
- Insurances as required by Portuguese law.
- Payment can be done by bank transfer, Credit Card and Paypal. Bookings paid for by PayPal, American Express, credit card or a Mastercard Prepaid card will incur a extra fee of 3.50% of the total transaction value. No credit card fee applies when paying with a debit card or bank transfer.