Funchal Delights (Half Day)
Monday – Tuesday – Wednesday – Thursday – Friday Mornings
During this tour you will discover the corners and charms of the city of Funchal, walking through public parks, gardens and narrow streets.
We begin our visit, walking through the Santa Catarina Park, where we can enjoy a stunning view over Funchal bay and its surroundings. Then we are going to the Municipal Garden to appreciate the different flora species from Madeira and from all over the world. Continuing through narrow streets, we find small squares with the typical Portuguese cobblestone. A highlight during this tour is the visit of a wine cellar, where we will also enjoy the Madeira wine and the typical honey cake. We continue towards the cathedral, symbol of the city and the gothic and manueline styles in the island.
From here, we are going to an embroidery factory, where tradition, creativity and fashion combine and then visit the well-known Farmer`s market, true trade centre for regional products, such as exotic flowers, fruits and fresh fish, like the black scabbard fish and the tuna. To conclude our tour, we will pass at the Santa Maria street, one of the most ancient streets, where the doors open to art. Return to the hotel.
Duration: ± 4 hours
- Pick up and drop off at the hotel
- Wine cellar visit
- Madeira wine tasting
- Madeira honey cake tasting
- Trips may be changed or cancelled due to bad weather conditions (refund guaranteed).
- In the event of cancellation, the trip may be scheduled for another day.
- Cancellations within 24 hours of the start of the excursion will not be refunded.
- Clients who do not show up will be charged the full price.
- Insurances as required by Portuguese law.
- Payment can be done by bank transfer, Credit Card and Paypal. Bookings paid for by PayPal, American Express, credit card or a Mastercard Prepaid card will incur a extra fee of 3.50% of the total transaction value. No credit card fee applies when paying with a debit card or bank transfer.