Hidden Corners Beauty - Eira do Serrado & Monte (Half Day)
Monday and Thursday Afternoons
Let yourself be enchanted by the magnificent panorama from Pico dos Barcelos viewpoint. From here you can enjoy a wonderful view over Funchal bay and its surroundings, like Santo António, the birthplace of Cristiano Ronaldo. Passing through the exotic forest of Madeira, characterized by Eucalyptus, Mimosa and Acacia trees, we will reach Eira do Serrado, located at 1094m. Here you will enjoy stunning and dizzying views over the mountains and the Nuns Valley- Curral das Freiras, famous for the sweet chestnut delicacies. From Estalagem da Eira do Serrado, possibility to make a short walk to the viewpoint, which offers breath-taking views over the interior of the island.
Then we continue to Monte, the premier tourist attraction centre of Madeira, rich for its lush gardens and beautiful views. In Monte we are going to visit the municipal garden and the church, dedicated to the patron saint of the island, where we can also visit the tomb of the last emperor of Austria, Charles the first. When looking for a bit of adventure and emotion we suggest the toboggan or the cable car ride (optional). Return to the hotel.
Duration: ± 4 hours
- Pick up and drop off at the hotel
- Trips may be changed or cancelled due to bad weather conditions (refund guaranteed).
- In the event of cancellation, the trip may be scheduled for another day.
- Cancellations within 24 hours of the start of the excursion will not be refunded.
- Clients who do not show up will be charged the full price.
- Insurances as required by Portuguese law.
- Payment can be done by bank transfer, Credit Card and Paypal. Bookings paid for by PayPal, American Express, credit card or a Mastercard Prepaid card will incur a extra fee of 3.50% of the total transaction value. No credit card fee applies when paying with a debit card or bank transfer.