Magic of the West – Porto Moniz Tour (Full Day)
Leaving the hotel after breakfast, enjoy a day filled with several natural beauties and stunning views. Our first stop will be in Câmara de Lobos, a picturesque fishing town, eternalized by Sir Winston Churchill painting in 1950. Passing through different vineyard fields, which grapes are used for the famous Madeira wine, we will reach the highest sea cliff of Europe and the second highest of the world, Cabo Girão with 580m. From the glass platform, marvelous views over the south coast can be enjoyed and underneath your feet the views of the sea and the small plateau with the different crops are just breath-taking!
Continuing along the west coast we will reach Ribeira Brava, where we will make a brief stop. Passing through Madalena do Mar, famous for the banana plantations, we will reach Paúl da Serra, the biggest plateau of Madeira. At Porto Moniz, a famous corner of the north, known for its beautiful natural swimming pools, we will make our stop for lunch (optional). During the afternoon, small waterfalls can be seen passing through Seixal until we reach São Vicente. Our last stop will be at 1007 meters above sea level, enjoying amazing views over both coasts of the island, at Encumeada viewpoint.
Arrival at the hotel about 17:00.
Duration: ± 8 hours
- Pick up and drop off at the hotel
- Lunch (optional)
- Trips may be changed or cancelled due to bad weather conditions (refund guaranteed).
- In the event of cancellation, the trip may be scheduled for another day.
- Cancellations within 24 hours of the start of the excursion will not be refunded.
- Clients who do not show up will be charged the full price.
- Insurances as required by Portuguese law.
- Payment can be done by bank transfer, Credit Card and Paypal. Bookings paid for by PayPal, American Express, credit card or a Mastercard Prepaid card will incur a extra fee of 3.50% of the total transaction value. No credit card fee applies when paying with a debit card or bank transfer.